..:: Introduction ::..
Micro-Star International, better known as simply MSI, is a manufacturer whom has become known for several things. MSI is best known for producing high quality, high performance, cost effective, and incredibly stable motherboards. They are also known for their use of bright red PCB’s for their line of mainboards. Another item that makes MSI stick out from the crowd is their inclusion of “PC2PC Bluetooth” in their mainboard packages. If you remember a while back, Bluetooth was, and still somewhat is one of the most hyped items in the computer industry. As of now, MSI is the only motherboard manufacturer to bring Bluetooth technology to their line of products; however other mainboard manufacturers such as EPoX have also begun to announce motherboards with Bluetooth support. Today, we’ll be taking a look at MSI’s latest KT333 solution for AMD based systems, which offers Bluetooth support among many other features.
..:: Specifications ::..
- Supports Socket A (Socket 462) for AMD® Athlon™ XP/ Athlon™/Duron™ processor
- Supports 800MHz up to 1.8GHz (Athlon™ XP 2200+) processor
- Northbridge: VIA® KT333 Chipset
- FSB @200/266 MHz
- AGP 4X and PCI Advanced high performance memory controller
- Southbridge: VIA® VT8235 Chipset
- Integrated Direct Sound AC'97 audio
- Dual channel Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 master mode EIDE controller
- Integrated USB 2.0 controller
- Supports six memory banks using three 184-pin DDR DIMMs
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 3GB
- Supports 2.5V DDR200/266/333 DDR SDRAM DIMM
- One AGP slot
- AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) specification compliant
- Supports AGP 2.0 1x/2x/4x
- Five 32-bit PCI bus slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface)
- One CNR (Communication Network Riser) slot
- An IDE controller on the VT8235 chipset provides IDE HDD/CD-ROM with PIO, Bus Master and Ultra DMA133/100/66/33 operation modes.
- Can connect up to four IDE devices.
- Realtek ALC650 6-channel audio
- SPDIF out (through S-Bracket only)
- 1 floppy port supports 2 FDDs with 360K, 720K, 1.2M, 1.44M and 2.88Mbytes
- 2 serial ports (COM A + COM B)
- 1 parallel port supports SPP/EPP/ECP mode
- 1 IrDA connector for SIR/ASKIR/HPSIR
- 1 audio/game port
- 1 D-Bracket™ pinheader
- 1 S-Bracket pinheader
- The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
- The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface (DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.